This chapter explains the automated as well as the manual installation of Kubermatic into a pre-existing Kubernetes cluster.
At the moment you need to be invited to get access to Kubermatic’s Docker registry before you can try it out. Please contact sales to receive your credentials.
- User/Customer cluster – A Kubernetes cluster created and managed by Kubermatic
- Seed cluster – A Kubernetes cluster which is responsible for hosting the master components of a customer cluster
- Master cluster – A Kubernetes cluster which is responsible for storing the information about users, projects and SSH keys. It hosts the Kubermatic components and might also act as a seed cluster.
- Seed datacenter – A definition/reference to a seed cluster
- Node datacenter – A definition/reference of a datacenter/region/zone at a cloud provider (aws=zone, digitalocean=region, openstack=zone)